ITC 0.00% 8.2¢ impress energy limited

It is encouraging to me to see parallel announcements by VPE and...

1. 1,454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 534
    It is encouraging to me to see parallel announcements by VPE and Beach on potential operations in 4 permits in the heart of the western flank Birkhead play. (For those without a map the permits run PEL 92, 91, 104 (growler), 111 (snatcher) from southwest to northeast and have similar ground/road access)

VPE of course announced they were hoping to open a sand road to growler - truck oil and maybe drill some wells (there is still a rig stacked at the Growler 6 location)

BPT (with a majority share of ITC) has just comfirmed

"Beach advises the following in relation to its operations in PEL's 91 and 92 on the Western
    Flank of the Cooper Basin;
    o Two drilling rigs to commence an expanded 16 welldrill program in first quarter 2011.
    o Construction of upgraded roads and a new bridge over Cooper Creek, to give access to the
    Western flank oil province. have now been completed."

While I am sure both will be challenged with their operations due to a wet summer, the fact that all 4 JVs are now not slowed down by tentative and cash strapped partners gives me hope that oil will flow and wells will be drilled in the first half of 2011 in this fascinating area.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ITC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.