KLA 0.00% $52.69 kirkland lake gold ltd

My domestic broker won't process the tax treaty paperwork for my...

1. 872 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    My domestic broker won't process the tax treaty paperwork for my AEM shares on the NYSE, so I end up paying 25% NRWT on dividends on my NYSE holding, whereas I have claimed the exemption thru IB for my TSX holding (the original KLA CDIs converted to AEM.TSX) and only pay 15% on divs.

BTW this bit of news may be of interest to some (from https://s21.q4cdn.com/374334112/files/doc_news/news_documents/2022/Agnico-Eagle-Pan-American-Joint-News-Release-re-Biding-Offer-to-acquire-Yamana-2022.11.04-Final.pdf):

" VANCOUVER, BC and TORONTO, Nov. 4, 2022 /CNW/ - Pan American Silver Corp. (TSX: PAAS) (Nasdaq: PAAS) ("Pan American") and Agnico Eagle Limited (TSX: AEM) (NYSE: AEM) ("Agnico Eagle") are pleased to announce that we have delivered a definitive binding offer (the "Binding Offer") to the board of directors of Yamana Gold Inc. ("Yamana") pursuant to which Pan American would acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Yamana (the "Yamana Shares") and Yamana would sell certain subsidiaries and partnerships which hold Yamana's interests in its Canadian assets to Agnico Eagle, including the Canadian Malartic mine. The transaction shall be implemented by way of a plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act (the "Arrangement").

The consideration consists of 153,539,579 common shares in the capital of Pan American ("Pan American Shares"); US$1.0 billion in cash contributed by Agnico Eagle; and 36,089,907 common shares in the capital of Agnico Eagle ("Agnico Eagle Shares"). Under the Binding Offer, each Yamana Share would be exchanged for approximately US$1.04 in cash, 0.1598 Pan American Shares and 0.0376 Agnico Eagle Shares, for an aggregate value of US$5.02 per Yamana Share based on the closing price of each Pan American Share and Agnico Eagle Share on November 3, 2022. The Binding Offer is not subject to any financing condition or additional due diligence."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.