BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

Accounting Issues - Discussed here, page-33

1. 44 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I can see what they have been trying to do - secure market share quickly - and it is costly for them so they are using finance to do it.

There long term vision from what I have read is to be a user generated review system (so like TripAdvisor but with videos). If this is what they want then it seems they are working on the wrong growth strategy. They need to increase users uploading videos. Far more cost effective way to gain market share and increase brand awareness of their site. Once more videos are up from all over the world, more people will start to use it as a go to when looking for places to eat/shop/stay/spend money and when this happens the advertising dollars will roll in. Facebook doesn’t make money from the users.. they make money from the advertising pushed onto the users. In turn, more businesses would be prepared to the professional review videos when they know it is a widely used site with a big audience. Win-Win!

Not sure how this can be achieved?! Maybe with a big competition (obviously with a very lucrative prize) encouraging people to upload a video of their favourite place to enter. There are enough videos in their catalogue showing what they are after now, they would definitely need a lot of content moderators to approve videos before they can be viewed but a far better way of expanding in my opinion.

Video reviews are an awesome strategy and they are onto something they just need to go big, without relying so much on fjnance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.