TLG 5.71% 74.0¢ talga group ltd

Accumulation or exposed short

1. 517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1398
    Whoa

So many new threads, so many posts that swamp everything else by the usual suspects. In my opinion I do not think this is a question of someone trying to accumulate shares at a lower level any more, but rather some open short positions last posted at some 1.1 million shares. I would suggest that some are on the wrong side of that trade(s) with year end coming up and very low volumes on a share register that is tightly held. I did say that such positions are not for the faint hearted previously, but on account of the stridency of the screaming and running around pulling out of hair if any remains, suggests that there is a real sense of panic here. I would suspect that those shorts would need to be closed out by year end and/or additional collateral/margin offered. It would matter not whether the open positions are naked (you have to buy back in the market) or covered (you have to deliver shares from your portfolio), either way it is a painful position to be in.

Naturally, the fairy godmother might come to the rescue, but that is would be clutching at mythical straws. The reason for my opinion that downside risk share price movement is limited is, is that we have had two very good sets of drilling results announced to the ASX on a fortnightly interval and a third might be due some time this week, although with the festive season that might slip into early January. My point is the extent of drilling still to be reported is considerable and such activities cost money. I would therefore expect a revised JORC statement to the market in early 2022, which might well be a box that needs to be ticked for the Swedish authorities as well as for end users. By all accounts from what has been released so far to the ASX I expect a significant addition to resources from the very large targets that have been known for a while, all as reported to the ASX.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
74.0¢
Change
0.040(5.71%)
Mkt cap ! $281.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
71.5¢ 74.0¢ 70.5¢ $289.2K 401.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8275 71.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
74.5¢ 15473 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
73.5¢
  Change
0.040 ( 4.46 %)
Open High Low Volume
72.0¢ 73.5¢ 71.0¢ 157799
Last updated 15.56pm 03/05/2024 ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.