I've been a user of Acorns from pretty much Day 1, and am really...

1. 27 Posts.
    I've been a user of Acorns from pretty much Day 1, and am really happy with the service. I don't notice the money leaving my savings/spendings into the Acorns investment, so in that scheme its nice to know a small little nest egg is growing while I spend.

I've had a few people ask me about it, mainly in the early to mid 20's age group - and given our smart phone dependency, Acorns is getting in at ground level with our generation. Certainly makes investing habits easier for our group who can be rather time poor. Small investment amounts certainly make the habit easier too.

Overseas competition is definitely a concern if any Aussie expansion is on the cards, but with 150,000 users already, that is quite a beachhead to overcome. Acorns defintely has first mover advantage on that front.

Haven't looked deep into the numbers, but I would assume that given the investment is algorithm based, it should be easily scalable meaning as the user base grows there should be a smaller comparable growth in staff & outgoings (correct me if my assumption is wrong!). Also, as the investment pool grows the fee earnings should grow as well.

The one thing I can't seem to understand in the IPO is if it will be listed or non-listed. I assume it is the latter simply because I can't see reference to a proposed ASX code. Is that right?

Not sure if I'll invest right now, but am interested and will keep an eye on it as a future investment.

With Acorns going great guns, we just need RobinHood to come to our golden shores and I'll be a happy camper!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.