WMT western metals limited

The following is from Anglesey Mining plc's 2007 annual report -...

1. 500 Posts.
    The following is from Anglesey Mining plc's 2007 annual report - suggesting "that the White Rock mine at Parys Mountain should be in production
    in 12 to18 months from commencement of the decline development". Decline commenced late 2007......all good

Parys Mountain – copper-zinc-lead-silver-gold
    Following the successful Garth Daniel drilling programme in the previous financial
    year, we conducted a review of the development alternatives for Parys Mountain and
    as a result carried out a detailed drilling programme in the White Rock area during the
    year with successful results. A JORC-compliant resource estimate of the White Rock
    area resulting from this and earlier drilling was published at the beginning of 2007.
    The results of this programme met all our expectations and have led us to develop a
    fundamental change to the development plan for the Parys Mountain Mine. We now
    intend to mine White Rock using decline access as Phase I of the production plan.
    This will minimise the initial capital and will accelerate the time scale to first
    production. The positive cash generated from White Rock will be utilised for Parys
    Mountain Phase II.
    We commissioned a Scoping Study from Micon International Co Limited, published
    in July 2007, on the development and production plan for White Rock. The study
    confirms that a viable five year operation could be conducted on White Rock alone
    and would create the necessary positive cash-flow, including all the costs of a 500
    tonnes per day processing plant.
    In Phase II the treatment capacity of the processing plant will be expanded and the
    existing shaft, head-frame and winder will be refurbished and connected to the
    decline. This will enable expanded production from the larger and higher grade
    Engine Zone to commence coincident with the end of White Rock production. In
    Anglesey Mining plc 3
    Phase III we will extend the mine to the east into the Garth Daniel and deep Engine
    zone areas, potentially with a further increase in production rate.
    We have now commenced preparatory work ahead of driving the White Rock decline
    and expect that excavation activities will commence prior to the end of 2007. The
    capital cost of the development of White Rock is estimated at £15 million and we are
    in discussions on the alternatives for raising this financing.
    The Parys Mountain project benefits from existing valid planning permissions for the
    planned operations; from the high level of infrastructure already in place; from the
    extensive exploration and planning work that has been carried out in the past; from
    strong local and national government support; and from continuing strength in all the
    commodities that we will produce. Given these benefits and the revised development
    plan, we believe that the White Rock mine at Parys Mountain should be in production
    in 12 to18 months from commencement of the decline development.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WMT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.