SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

The last time the top 20 list was released, I was on there with...

1. 386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    The last time the top 20 list was released, I was on there with 14,000,000 shares. The next time it’s released, I will still be there with the same number of shares. I won’t be selling. And nor will I be buying. The reason that I’m stating this is so that all you idiots that are no doubt going to flame this post and accuse me of downaping etc who own a piddly sum of shares, need to understand that I’m writing this for your own good.

The amount of misinformation and the lack of understand of this announcement by long term
    holder and frequent posters on this forum is astounding. Frankly, it’s probably going to lead to some grossly misinformed amateurs who risk losing their hard earned money.

Firstly. The company they are acquiring is one arm of a much larger company. It’s an arm that is struggling to make even 6.5% profit on revenue. That is atrocious. Seriously, it’s bad.

Secondly, the company they are acquiring is being sold by a bigger company. I’m involved in quite a few business transactions and am currently looking at a listing process and options of private equity takeover of my entire business in the next 3-7 years. I’m familiar with corporate activity. Companies looking to cut costs don’t start off with selling the best parts of their business. They sell the poor performing stuff first. That’s a general rule. I’m not saying that definitively is what’s happening here but what I can’t fathom is how EVERY investor here is looking at this with rose coloured glasses and just assuming we are acquiring a treasure chest!

Thirdly, and this is the one that logically makes NO SENSE to me. WHY THE F*CK are you all assuming that Syntonic, who knows NOTHING (or at least much less) than the company that built this arm of the business and runs it currently, will run it better and more profitably. Step back. Does that seem logical to you? Seriously? We are buying off a large company that has given this a red hot go. It’s not like our board and directors are some business geniuses. Our own company is not even being run at a profit yet. And holders are assuming that we are gonna just takeover some business arm of another company and run it better than they currently do? Look at it another way, do you think some random company could come and buy SYT and run it better than RA and GG are? Please people, open your eyes.

This is an extremely risky acquisition. Everyone has discussed the perceived positives but literally, none of you are looking at risks. JJ and NH have been such idiots in the past that when they do actually say something useful, no one listens to them. Deservedly so. However, the essence of what they are saying this time, is correct.

As a large holder I am 100% against this acquisition. I hope it does not go through. There is a huge risk that we could lose one or two key contracts and revenue will suffer badly which will tip us into a cash drain on this company. Cash we don’t currently have to drain. Literally this company is making 6% profit. A 6% downturn in business means it starts losing us money. $12mil annual expenditures is bad. Really f*ing bad if we lose revenue.

The other risk is that the company is aware of losing contracts in the future and isn’t disclosing. Or any other problems that we don’t pickup on.

Syntonic had quite a few years to run before it had to hit profitability in my opinion. With this acquisition, and the heightened risk, we could go backwards extremely FAST and the entire company could collapse. I simply don’t see the need for it.

Honestly, I was a large investor in Linc Energy and Peter bond had a great business and went on a stupid acquisition trail and it ended badly. Similar to ABC learning centres we need to run our own business Profitably before we start acquiring others.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.