re: Acronym Returns (bobbyw)) G'day Yak,Good to hear from you.I...

1. 730 Posts.
    re: Acronym Returns (bobbyw)) G'day Yak,

Good to hear from you.

I joined HC about the same time as you, probably in June 1999.

We were all caught up in the excitement with XEN later that year. I recall that Summer quite well (surprisingly). Every day, up at 6:00 am, looking at Stockhouse to see what happened to KOB overnight in Canada.

I remember telling a friend I would retire when XEN hit 2 or 3 dollars!

I think you were the first on HC to pick up on the potential of XEN. They were the days.

I got burnt pretty bad when Felscot bid for control of CMZ. Back then it didn't matter; DVT had just come on the boards, and I made a killing on them a couple of times over.

I've traded EBT and EGI a couple of times within the last year or so.

Now OXR has probably been the most exciting stock in the last few years. When we were discussing it back then, we were talking about the potential of their interest in the Phillipines (was it the Phillipines?). I bought OXRO at .004, and sold them at 3.6 cents, then rebought them at 3.8 cents and sold at seven. I was over the moon!

When OXRO was about to expire, I coordinated a number of other investors to hassle the company and influence a decision for their extension. We got halfway there in the end, with the issue of OXROA at 2 cents.

Oxiana management has performed exceptionally well, doing everything they said they would do. Sepon will ensure OXR will be a $1 billion (or more) company in the short term.

Are you still in Queensland? Is the weather any good for the weekend?

Regards,

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.