SYR 2.00% 24.5¢ syrah resources limited

West Australian premier Mark McGowan posted this in regards to...

1. 86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    West Australian premier Mark McGowan posted this in regards to cathode manufacture in Australia earlier today,

Batteries are a crucial emerging technology - and I'm going to tell you why we think WA is the perfect place to help make them.

Our State has a long history of mining - from gold to iron-ore to nickel to lithium, we've got it - and we've got world-leading skills, experts and technology for those industries.

And while it may not be our biggest industry now, we also have a proud history of local manufacturing, and a skilled workforce with valuable expertise on complex manufacturing projects.

This means we have many of the ingredients needed to make the lithium batteries that will power the world's future economy.

We already mine and process the lithium and nickel that is needed to make key components of batteries - but at the moment it is shipped elsewhere for manufacturing.

But we reckon WA would be the perfect place to do the next step in turning those materials into batteries - specifically the manufacturing of cathode active materials.

It would create jobs, build our manufacturing industry, and cement WA's place as a key location for future technology.

And we want to make it happen.

Our WA Recovery Plan includes $13.2 million in project funding to attract a global cathode active materials manufacturer to establish a production facility in WA.

This will strengthen WA's position as a world leader in future battery minerals, materials, technology and expertise in global battery supply chains.

Image may contain: text that says "I We mine Lithium. We process Lithium. We mine Nickel. We process Nickel. Making battery parts here just makes sense. CENE પeaлB! Our WA Recovery Plan includes funding to help attract cathode active manufacturing to WA"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $253.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.0¢ 25.5¢ 24.0¢ $551.6K 2.236M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 223758 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 283253 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.