actual happenings for a change, page-7

1. 17,117 Posts.
    here are some facts, and it is quite easy to check, the material is published, the facts can be verified....

I follow Albury, Nsw...
    on average since 2007/2008,
    40 houses are sold each month....I took particular notice, since all the gloom and doom stories since the GFC....
    but Dec 2011 they sold 57 houses, about 50% more than usual...not big numbers I know, but since Albury is so consistent, with low turnover of stock, as a rule...it is obvious that the demand is, or was still there...
    regardless of all the doom from the media...

I went looking today, am amazed the median value has appeared to have jumped, since the last time I checked...which was not so long ago....it is now $392,000
    with units at $320,000....wow...

unless I was looking at the wrong suburb the previous time....there are at least 10 or more suburbs around Albury, and they are not all equal, or in demand...

Looking at the sold houses, they are not all fhb's, so obviously either upgraders, or god forbid, the tree changes or retirees have moved from the cities, sold their expensive homes, bought for half the price, and can now sit out their retirement, with cash......
    those tree changers came up this way in force between 2000 and 2004....not just albury, but to surrounding areas...within an hours drive...(they are the only places I monitor)

so prices only doubled from $200k in 2002 to nearly $400k in 2011....damn, not the tripling affect some of us have experienced in the past...
    its still like a great savings plan...I know it sounds slow, compared to the zillions one can make in stocks...but some people will be happy with an extra $200k cash every 10 years or so....or more if one holds multiple props, and also hold cash, for the rainy day events, that spring up from time to time...

http://www.rs.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=sp&s=nsw&u=albury

here you can check the sold props for the past zillion sales, and for Dec and Jan, etc to check my figures

http://www.realestate.com.au/sold/in-nsw+2640/list-6

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.