LYC 1.30% $7.61 lynas rare earths limited

actual see prices..., page-16

1. 1,272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1945
    Hi David, thanks for your input... I will be the first to admit that my calculations are just a stab at this new source of income and by your calculations it is still a substantial number. However, you indicate that you are using a Asian website for pricing and recently I had a discussion with REE hedge fund owner. One of the question I posed was just how the Asian/Mt. Weld prices could be reconciled...

He said (with a smile), that while the China Domestic Prices, may seem to good to be true, they are in fact too good to be true... He elaborated that the Chinese actual freight on board (FOB) price does not include an export tax (25%), a quota tax and other various expenses that may arise from dealing with Chinese Government. He also indicated that the true price for REE's is more inline with the Lynas weekly published prices... This is also documented on the Lynas current price table located just above the CDP tables... Granted the $3,000/kg number is an estimate of FUTURE Scarce REE prices, IMO it represents a pretty good estimation for the prices of these elements as the applications and quantity needed for each of these applications continues to climb...

I will be attending a REE event at the Colorado School of Mines in the near future and I will attempt to get updated opinions on this subject... JMHO...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.