3DP 17.5% 7.4¢ pointerra limited

ACV & Revenue / cash received mismatch, page-6

1. 370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 182
    The same ASX Aware Query states

Because SaaS businesses like Pointerra have a no lock-in/commitment commercial model (ie thecustomer can cancel at any time), ACV/ARR for SaaS businesses is expressed as the annualised totalof all customers (regardless of their payment cycle/frequency) at any point in time.If a customer stops paying or cancels their account then their contribution to ACV isremoved. Similarly, if a customer grows/reduces their spend there is a similar upward impact onACV.

There's a mismatch in how these are treated. Consider a new contract, which immediately contributes to ACV (we have seen announcements to that effect in the past). Yet a new customer is very likely not paying anything yet as they are still figuring out how to get their data into the platform.

I have long stated that in my experience, these SaaS "contracts" and "commitments" are merely intentional statements and are not binding. SaaS is a "pay-as-you-go" system, and if you stop "going" you stop paying. ACV is thus merely a guesstimate of where we are at any point in time, and it seems not a great guesstimate at that.

I agree 100% that this should be called ARR, not ACV. The terminology is very misleading. I further expect that we'll move away from this metric to instead reporting invoiced revenue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.4¢
Change
0.011(17.5%)
Mkt cap ! $59.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.9¢ 8.1¢ 6.5¢ $787.7K 10.79M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 150000 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.4¢ 181246 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.