3DP 13.9% 4.1¢ pointerra limited

The same ASX Aware Query statesBecause SaaS businesses like...

1. 370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 182
    The same ASX Aware Query states

Because SaaS businesses like Pointerra have a no lock-in/commitment commercial model (ie thecustomer can cancel at any time), ACV/ARR for SaaS businesses is expressed as the annualised totalof all customers (regardless of their payment cycle/frequency) at any point in time.If a customer stops paying or cancels their account then their contribution to ACV isremoved. Similarly, if a customer grows/reduces their spend there is a similar upward impact onACV.

There's a mismatch in how these are treated. Consider a new contract, which immediately contributes to ACV (we have seen announcements to that effect in the past). Yet a new customer is very likely not paying anything yet as they are still figuring out how to get their data into the platform.

I have long stated that in my experience, these SaaS "contracts" and "commitments" are merely intentional statements and are not binding. SaaS is a "pay-as-you-go" system, and if you stop "going" you stop paying. ACV is thus merely a guesstimate of where we are at any point in time, and it seems not a great guesstimate at that.

I agree 100% that this should be called ARR, not ACV. The terminology is very misleading. I further expect that we'll move away from this metric to instead reporting invoiced revenue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.1¢
Change
0.005(13.9%)
Mkt cap ! $33.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.0¢ 4.6¢ 4.0¢ $269.5K 6.395M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 264011 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 308773 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.