ACX 0.00% $7.79 aconex limited

Funny that you would say that I don't seem to understand the...

1. 720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Funny that you would say that I don't seem to understand the software since I'd already said that I'm not familiar with this software.

I think that I could get a handle on this software a bit quicker than 3 months though but I have a different background to you

Also the blurb from acx emphasizes that the different solutions don't all do the same things and I have read that same thing on the comparison site (not comprison, that was a typo).

Have you downloaded the software and tried it out yet - it's available for free online? Me neither but I've only spent an hour or two checking out comparisons. That would be a good test if you could get it to work. I await your report.

One danger is that as in another post, where acx was dropped for something cheaper and simpler, when the industry starts tightening its belt in a downturn they could make cuts to software expenditure.

Have you been able to research what the software is used for within organisations? If all the bells and whistles are not used and it is mainly used for document sharing then there may be reasons for a company to go for simpler cheaper packages. If the full range of options or most of them is used and is a good fit for many companies then ACX may yet prevail.

Nobody can foretell what the fallout from Trump and Brexit will be for construction projects.

Autodesk has large penetration into all kinds of companies and I can imagine that if it starts pushing its construction industry solution strongly, the advantages of having support from the same vendor where a relationship has already been established will be compelling. Oracle will also try to leverage their relationships as an established vendor.

If Oracle do a buyout of ACX then that would be interesting and good for the SP in the short term?

If I could get ACX at or below IPO price it would be worth a punt notwithstanding that I still don't have a great handle on the way it is used in the wild.

Some see it going below $1 but we'll see where it's heading after the H1 announcement. No point conjecturing about share price until then.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.