adam brandt loves labor

1. 87 Posts.
    Just thought I save my local member some valuable time and give him my opinions on gay marriage without him having to consult me as ordered by the Australian federal parliament. My letter reads;

I love love, its lovely, just like Adam does. However I fail to understand the amount of time and money that has been allocated to this issue since it concerns only a small minority of Australians. Surely there are more pressing issues at hand such as the cost of living soaring, a tax regime that needs to be further reformed, homelessness and poverty spreading like a disease, a national debt that is out of control, A government proposing to spend 43 billion + on a scheme so people can download movies in under 2 minutes, A mental health system that needs urgent repair, the quality of life for poverty stricken elderly and people with mental illness to name a few.

I dont care what people do behind closed doors and as far as I know if you are a gay couple the defacto relationship laws cover most of the legal issues. Please correct me if I am wrong. It seems to me to be a symbolic excercise. And theres nothing stopping Fred and Barney from having a lovely little symbolic wedding at the function centre of their choice.

So please local member lets get on with things and start dealing with issues that affect most Australians like the ones listed above and leave the all useless symbolism out of government.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.