Adam Goodes reveals his new job:

1. 33,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Adam Goodes reveals his new job: reconciliation adviser at David Jones
    The former AFL and Sydney Swans player signs up as a brand ambassador for David Jones and will advise the retailer on Indigenous reconciliation

Adam Goodes says his new role will help in his quest to create a more equal Australia. Photograph: AAP/Paul Miller
    Australian Associated Press
    Sunday 18 October 2015 15.08 AEDTLast modified on Sunday 18 October 201515.33 AEDT
    Shares

Save for later

Adam Goodes: I needed to go to my country to help heal the wounds

Read more
    Adam Goodes has revealed his first professional role since retiring from the AFL in September: adviser to department store chain David Jones on Indigenous reconciliation.
    David Jones has signed the former Australian of the year as a brand ambassador and Goodes stars in its new campaign alongside fellow ambassadors Jessica Gomes and You Am I frontman Tim Rogers.
    Goodes will also advise the retailer on areas related to Indigenous reconciliation, which he said formed part of his quest to create a more equal Australia.
    He said he was committed to using his name to create a better Australia for all and believed the role gave him this opportunity.

FacebookTwitterPinterest
    David Jones is attempting to freshen up its brand and attract more 18- to 34-year-old shoppers. Photograph: Sam Mooy/Sam Mooy/AAP
    “Many months ago, I met with the team from David Jones and the topic of whether I would advise them to develop a RAP [reconciliation action plan] came up,” he said.
    “I believe when heritage organisations such as David Jones have a RAP they play an important role in closing the gap by creating an inclusive society and promoting change.
    “When they can use their voice to inspire positive change for the environment and community more generally, others will stand up and follow.”

Adam Goodes credits Swans fans for giving him strength to finish season

Read more
    David Jones’s new campaign is a continuation of the store’s attempt to freshen up the brand and attract 18- to 34-year-old shoppers.
    In his first media interview since retiring, Goodes told Sydney University’s Honi Soit newspaper he planned to continue his fight against racism and domestic violence, and to support constitutional recohttp://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/oct/18/adam-goodes-new-job-indigenous-reconciliaton-david-jonesgnition for Indigenous Australians.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.