@Christos12 You need to read and comprehend better. I wrote that...

1. 11,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1268
    @Christos12
    You need to read and comprehend better.
    I wrote that in summer renewables tend to turn down after 5pm that’s when the sun loses some heat and the wind dies down. I also said there is a lack of planning in the transition to renewables. Gas prices cause massive electricity cost increases in summer because that is when the gas turbine peaking power plants are fired up to make electricity just like the ones in Mortlake and Laverton. Go and read my previous posts on this topic or better still go to the last few presentations from New Energy Solar (ASX:NEW) and look at the graph on slide #12 looking at changing cost structures for solar versus coal, gas and nuclear in the US. Solar is winning.
    My beef is the appalling lack of planning in Australia and in particular Victoria which is causing unnecessary blackouts, huge cost increases and forcing businesses to cut production because there is not enough reserve power at present. Snowy 2.0 a LNP coalition initiative is wonderful except it is years away and we need to deal in the here and now and that means not shutting coal fired power stations too early like Liddell and Hazelwood and Yallourn and Loy Yang A.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.