LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

adani enterprises

1. 2,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37

The vast mine it proposes in the Galilee Basin region of central Queensland will start export operations to India in 2015.

By 2020, it is forecast to be shipping 60 million tonnes of coal annually, about 15 per cent of total Australian coal exports by volume.

Adani is also proposing two new train lines -- one running about 500km directly to Abbot Point and the other running due east from the company's holdings to the town of Moranbah in the Bowen Basin, where it will connect with the existing Queensland Rail coal network.

The mine will take up part of the giant Moray Downs station, and negotiations are continuing between Adani and Moray Downs's owner, the Acton family, over the sale.

When the Adani supply chain is in full swing, the 60 million tonnes of coal a year will generate about $2bn a year in coal royalties alone to the state.

The coal will power India's insatiable energy demands, with economic growth to be sustained at rates of more than 8 per cent each year.

Growth is forecast to continue at this rate for at least the next two decades.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/from-pit-to-port-indias-10bn-coal-export-plan/story-fn59niix-1226118491805

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.