LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

adani, page-10

1. 41 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Front page headline in the Mackay Mercury; Saturday newspaper.
    Most of it we already know, but it may be of interst for those awaiting the royalities to be paid to Linc.
    It is also a reminder of the company making deal that Linc secured to benefit shareholders now and in the future.

Coal project provides 5000 jobs
    Tom Williams | 12th February 2011
    A NEW $10 billion coal project in the Galilee Basin, the single largest tenement in Australia, will create 5000 jobs and is expected to deliver 60 million tonnes of coal per annum (Mtpa).

Adani Mining Pty Ltd, a subsidiary of Adani Enterprises Limited has recently acquired a 100 per cent interest in Galilee Coal Tenement, now called the Carmichael Coal Project.

The project will have initial output of 2 Mtpa in 2014, with 60 Mtpa from 2022.

The massive mine, located mostly on the Moray Downs cattle station 160 kilometres north-west of Clermont and 100 kilometres north of Emerald, will produce a colossal 60 Mtpa in both Greenfield open-cut and underground mining and will be supported by rail facilities leading to coal export terminals at either Abbot Point, Hay Point or both.

As a comparison, Rio Tinto's Hail Creek mine, 90 kilometres west of Mackay, produces about 8 Mtpa of coal.

The Carmichael mine has an expected life of more than 100 years and when fully developed, will be the largest coal mine in Queensland.

The project is the largest investment by any Indian company in Australia and the single largest tenement in Australia in terms of coal resources. Minister for Infrastructure and Planning Stirling Hinchliffe welcomed the release of the draft Terms of Reference (TOR) for the proposed $10.1 billion project.

If it proceeds, the mine could potentially produce up to 60 million tonnes of coal a year, predominately to service the Indian domestic power market, Mr Hinchliffe said.

The construction phase of the project could employ up to 5000 workers and the ongoing operation could support 4000 workers, with another 2000 people employed to construct the associated railway.

It's important to note that declaring this proposal a significant project does not constitute government approval or support for the project, this is just the start of the comprehensive EIS process.

Isaac Regional Council Mayor Cedric Marshall met with Adani Mining last year.

We will be meeting with Adani Mining on Monday to discuss impacts on the road infrastructure.

Council does have concerns about where workers will be housed and maybe this can be addressed during the discussions on Monday, Cr Marshall said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.