ETM 0.00% 2.2¢ energy transition minerals ltd

additional protocol signed, page-8

1. 7,232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Tivida,

Yes to your understanding of foreign policy and national security. Yes things can definitely change depsite politicians speak. You would think that because there is such a strong opposition to Nukes among Danes (i'm assuming here as they have a zero toloerance to it)that the Danes could pressure their polies to back down from that statement when things move closer to lifting the ban.

Greenland is quite similar to Alaska back in the days and probably still so today, largely unexploited. Other than REE there is large potential of other riches beneath the ice caps and in them there soils & rocks (eg. iron ore, oil).

Would Greenland go for full independence? In my oppinion no they won't, despite what some have indicated. It's alsmost like saying the Alaskans would seek independence from the US should they not be allowed to do what they wish. Highly unlikely to happen, the Danes are unlikely to let it happen and the Greenlanders are unlikely to really want it enough to chase it seeing as they are just 57,000 strong with little ability to defend themselves in both an economic war or military one. When push comes to shove it think the Greenlanders are likely to choose to expploit other riches for the time being.

Having said that, and as i have said in a previous post. Should demand for REE be strong enough and supply tight enough that forces states such as the US, Japan, Germany, France and other major powers to really want/need to take that stuff out of the Greenland ground then there could be behind the scenes pressures put on the Danes to let it happen. Have these pressures already been applied - I don't know, have't heard anything..

FYI

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/R41744.pdf

I skimmed it and no mention of Greenland, let me know if I missed it.

What i did find though was this with regards to LYC's project..

"The Malaysian protesters are currently pursuing a court case in their country to get the plant shut down. One of the contentions is what will happen to the radioactive waste – apparently it can’t be sent back to Australia. In an effort to placate the local community the government is looking to have the waste moved to another “far away” location and will make further announcements in due course."

It backs my point regarding the issue of radioactive waste disposal, whether it be process in-situ or abroad. No ne seems to want it disposed of or stored in their backyard.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $30.99M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 850000 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 101094 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.