adelaide auction clearance 15%, page-4

1. 11,875 Posts.
    personally i dont think the situation is that bad (yet anyway) and it may not get much worse

but its hard to say really

china has a bigger RE bubble than anywhere else, but will it pop? a lot of empty house means nobody was looking for rent anyway and their economy is about manufacturing goods (like Japan) not speculating on houses and they have a lot of foreign reserves and it continues to grow.

They(chinese) are starting to wise up and spend that money on something other than US debt - Australian resources being one thing on the shopping list(although african and brazilian seems more logical)

Here in australia its like a mexican stand off right now, eventually people will get sick of waiting for prices to fall and just buy like they always have

the real problem I see is the massive increase in the cost of living. I dont think many factored that into their calculations and now the baby boomers have to sell up to pay higher bills

Inflation is on its way, will that mean the RBA favours savers or borrowers?

I think they will be just like every other useless central bank and the rates will eventually hit zero

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.