WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Hi Linp and nice find - The Rolls Royce of Gillette blades is...

1. 3,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1021
    Hi Linp and nice find - The Rolls Royce of Gillette blades is the new Gillette FUSION® PROSHIELDTM RAZOR WITH FLEXBALLTM TECHNOLOGY. Unfortunately, this blade is not currently available in Australia........yet! Interesting that P&G have only brought out a manual razor version for Prosheild so far worldwide. Perhaps they no longer need the Power (battery) version with the new added tech, including additional Lubricating strip.

Gillette's most advanced cartridge; Fusion ProShield lubrication BEFORE and after the blades helps to shield while you shave. Plus, FlexBall Technology makes maximum contact over contours and gets virtually every hair.*

Features include:

• ProShield Lubrication BEFORE and after the blades shields from irritation while you shave
    • FlexBall Technology that responds to contours and gets virtually every hair*
    • 5 precision blades provide less tug and pull*
    • Precision Trimmer on back for accurate edging
    • Cartridges fit all Fusion and ProGlide® handles

Currently I use the next best available option here in Australia atm, until the above one arrives here hopefully shortly; which is the the Power (battery) version of the Gillette Fusion Proglide Razor with Flexball Technology, which only arrived a few months ago in Australia.

Gillette's above Fusion Proglide Flexball Power Razor is the best available option in Australia currently and will cost you a cool AU$21.99 from Coles for the Power Handle & 1 (one blade).

http://shop.coles.com.au/online/national/gillette-fusion-proglide-flexball-power-razor

Then a 4 pack of blades will set you back a cool $35.42 or the equivalent of AU$8.86 each blade.

http://shop.coles.com.au/online/national/gillette-fusion-proglide-power-cartridges-8443377p

For me, the above blade is a nice shave, close and irritation free. I shave every second day and the lubricating strip on this version seems to run out after approx. 6-8 shaves (two weeks for me) and the blade become dull. Whilst P&G will absolutely hate this idea, if you are feeling clever, you can also consider the Blade Buddy Razor Blade Sharpener for AU$15 from Target; which I can tell you from personal experience will extend the longevity of your blades by double.

https://www.target.com.au/p/blade-buddy-razor-blade-sharpener/57976525

The battery on the other hand for Gillette's above Fusion Proglide Flexball Power Razor is an altogether different story. The Duracell AAA battery ran out after 10 shaves (Warren Buffet smiling, as it needs to be replaced by at least purchasing a 3- pack Duracel AAA) which won't bother P&G as they sold Duracell to Warren and their most latest technology 'Gillette FUSION® PROSHIELDTM RAZOR WITH FLEXBALLTM TECHNOLOGY'; doesn't seem to require a Power (battery) version........ yet........enter OBJ with MicroArray in-built enhanced performance to P&G's new Proshield Blade, and we might all just see the Magneto Power Boost Version hit the shelves and all the competition left completely for dead.

I think it was Stockman who estimated that if OBJ's Shaving Work Plans result in a successful Licensing Agreement, we should see a 1 cent royalty for each blade. Personally I think this estimation is conservative. If we base the case on a low-end royalty of 1% (could be higher) for extremely high volumes for blades that retail in Australia for at AU$8.86 and estimate the wholesale value at less than half, OBJ should see royalties in the few cents........a hypothetical and conservative calculation here could look as follows.......we know P&G's shaving brand are putting 3 - 4 million blades a day. If we halve this figure to 2 million and apply a 3 cent royalty (1%) based on a wholesale value of say AU$3.00 per blade (less than half), we arrive at revenues of approx. AU$60,000 per day X 365 = AU$21,900,000 per annum for this one Work Plan alone. Not too shabby in my books using a very conservative forecast on 1% Royalties and lower volumes and Wholesale values. You all know what to do on your calculators if you think OBJ will receive 2% or 3% and who knows, we may even cop a slice of the handles as well. Not hard to see why Glyn & Jeff are excited about the potential of P&G's Shaving Work Plans .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.