Lockett said that to a few full backs and he bloodywell meant it...

1. 11,632 Posts.
    Lockett said that to a few full backs and he bloodywell meant it - Lockett was huge and powerful but the problem is that smaller blokes like Sloane don't have that weapon and if they used it they'd be reported and suspended for a month in this day and age. Lockett didn't give a stuff - he might get reported but you'd be spending the rest of the season in f@cking hospital in plaster.

Tagging is fine (although I'd hate it if someone tagged me) but any indiscretion that warrants a free kick has to be paid. And in that situation tagging becomes a 'run with' role. I can remember my coach telling me "I don't care if you don't get a kick as long as the dangerous @#$% you're playing on doesn't get one". And that also is OK - I may not have had the same silky skills as the guy I was playing on but my job was to negate him, legally! And it can be done - you sacrifice your own game to nullify him.

All I/we ask is for the genuine free kick to be paid - even the commentators were saying that Sloane was being held illegally, I could see it why couldn't the umpires see it. I still would have asked the AFL for a please explain had I been Pyke but the situation seems to have been resolved/maybe

And the thing that really gets up my nose is that it may have cost Sloane a Brownlow!
    Last edited by missionx: 21/08/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.