SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

RVINTL in your own unusual way you have made valid points.There...

1. 2,196 Posts.
    RVINTL in your own unusual way you have made valid points.

There is no enviro. permit in Congo.I have posted about this numerous times.I see this as crucial and am keenly awaiting this.SDL for the first time last month stated that they have now been submitted and are awaiting approval.No money will be changing hands until this is finished.They are one way a country can hold a mining company to ransom explained in a good article in the Mining Chronicle entitled "Beware the growth of 'creeping expropriation'" where Govts encroach on mining companies.

2nd on this list of countries doing this is the DRC, not one of ours but close enough.

I hate posting negative things about SDL because I do have emotions tied up in this stock, but of late you have had to rationalise what is happening.

The latest announcement tells me there are difficulties, ongoing discussions is a far cry from the discussions are well advanced , but I respect these ones more.

We knew, and as GJ said, there were going to be ups and
    downs and it wasn't going to be easy, the SDL SP action late last year has fooled me and many others,imo.

I like it when management comes out and lays the difficulties on the table, then the public can absorb them and move on. eg. What they did with the CAPEX rise was very clever, Nabeba was always going to be included.

The more problems management put on the table the quicker we can move on, without unnecessary negative sentiment on speculation.

I don't believe we will have partner be end of June (happy to be wrong) but the announcements are slowly changing highlighting the difficulties so as to not surprise when this happens.

I don't care if we don't as long as we are kept informed. As investor's in SDL we're already aware there was going to be difficulties and I wish the SP hadn't gone to 60c+ as i believe this is the main reason for all the concern,myself included(we always compare to what we used to have), and of course the ever present lure of the $1 party making me and many others nervous, imo.

Ozgem makes some very sound assumptions also re takeovers and this is another scenario added to the list that the poor directors of SDL are trying to deal with, imo

The pressure of haggling with the Chinese concerning we need your money but we only want to give you X? much would be very intense, imo, with the Chinese weighing up how much they want to pay considering the value of the resource and their commitment to be "big investors in West Africa" as Mr Wu said. Lets hope we stay part of that investment as the list of projects in the area is really starting to mount up and not given the right deal they may focus elsewhere, imo.Imagine that dilemma for SDL at the negotiating table.They will ultimately have to get a little more than what we want to give, it just makes sense that way, imo, but the outcome will still be good for SDL investors if you have the patience and don't need the money too soon.

Thanks for listening to my long winded thoughts and opinions for the day.
    Good luck to all holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.