BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

Benitec has a connection to Admedus via Bob Atwill- I wonder if...

1. 536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Benitec has a connection to Admedus via Bob Atwill- I wonder if Benitec would consider partnering with them for their cancer vaccine program since we could leverage NANT's expertise.

Admedus is developing a range of immunotherapies based on Professor Ian Frazer's next-generation DNA vaccine technology.
    Working with immunologist Professor Ian Frazer, the creator of the world’s first prophylactic cervical cancer vaccine Gardasil®, Admedus is developing therapeutic vaccines for the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases and cancers.
    Admedus has two key programs targeting Herpes Simplex Virus 2 (HSV-2) and Human Papillomavirus (HPV). The Admedus HSV-2 therapeutic vaccine.  
    You can find out more about these programs, including clinical trial results, in our ASX Announcements here.
    Professor Frazer and his team at the Translational Research Institute use a unique optimisation technology designed to improve immune responses to DNA vaccines. The patented codon optimisation DNA technology enhances protein expression in the cell or tissue targeted and results in an improved humoral response. The second component of the technology, also patent protected, is to use a mixture of DNAs encoding ubiquitinated and non ubiquitinated proteins. This strategy enhances the degradation of the protein and optimises T cell responses, while preserving structural epitopes necessary for B cells responses, resulting in vaccines with prophylactic and therapeutic potential.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.