MYL 0.00% 70.0¢ mallee resources limited

ADMINISTRATION, page-140

1. 5 Posts.
    From The Advocate today:

Avebury future optimism as West Coast miners snap up new equipment

Manager John Lamb at the Avebury Nickel Mine. File picture
    Manager John Lamb at the Avebury Nickel Mine. File picture

The Avebury Nickel Mine is still buying equipment amid optimism it will continue to operate under a new owner, saving about 200 West Coast jobs.

Mine owner Mallee Resources Limited went into administration and later into receivership this year after running into debt problems.

The mine was put on the market as a going concern, with receiver KordaMentha aiming to have the sale process complete before Christmas.

That goal appears to have been missed, but subsequent comments from mine general manager John Lamb on social media suggested a sale might well be close.

Thanking people for their best wishes for his December 25 birthday, Mr Lamb gave special thanks to the Avebury team.

"2023, to quote HM Queen Elizabeth II, is not a year on which we will look back with undiluted pleasure," Mr Lamb wrote on LinkedIn.

"Nonetheless, Team Avebury did not give up, and the mine has continued to operate safely and productively throughout the difficult times.

"In recent weeks, we have added another new drill (Simba E7C) to the fleet, plus four new trucks.

"Now we're looking forward to completion of the sale process and to welcoming our new owner."

Mr Lamb said the team was ready to get to work and had a lot to do.

Further detail on the situation was being sought from Mr Lamb at the time of writing.

It is understood there has been a significant level of interest from potential buyers.

Mallee resumed production at the mine last year after more than a decade of care and maintenance under various owners.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.