ADO 0.00% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

Too right.Very early on they decided the problem was a lack of...

1. 1,831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 640
    Too right.

Very early on they decided the problem was a lack of ventilators. They sourced some overseas and arranged for some local manufacturers. Job's done - how good is Australian ingenuity and planning! Pandemics are a doddle!

Ventilators now sitting in warehouses unused as far as I can tell (which is not necessarily a bad thing - but reflect on what that says about the quality of the planning process).

Not much thought given to beds and staff and training and all those other pesky little details. Not much though on ongoing testing once the wick eventually got turned up. Not much thought given to vaccines. Little attention given to treatment in the home when the numbers got really big. My sense is that now they have not got a good handle on the treatments that are starting to emerge (let alone the issue of home and POC RATs as we are well aware).

They couldn't even get the price tag for JobKeeper right and then paid companies who actually increased profits in the pandemic a motza. How good is Can Do capitalism?

At least a decade where governments of all stripes seem incapable of delivering even basic information systems (remember the census?) not even on well trod ground like payroll systems (remember the Queensland Health payroll system - overran to 1.2 billion and still not up to snuff or on time). Just how long have we been building computerized payroll systems? It was hardly a disruptive new technology being implemented. How long have we been tabulating the census on computers. Is putting the data collection online such a stretch that we couldn't forsee the issues and engineer them out?

If AnteoTech are waiting for governments to get their acts together before they become profitable I'm afraid we will be waiting a looooong time for our payday.

I might add there is no reasonable prospect that any of the people responsible for these gargantuan fails will ever be held to account, ever do a day of jail time, ever be fined or lose their jobs, or ever apologize or make restitution to the people who's lives they have wrecked or taken.

If you're not angry yet, why not?

GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.