OAK 0.00% 7.0¢ oakridge international limited

ADRC potential, page-8

1. 1,175 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    I fear you're painting an overidealised picture.

Tech companies were more than happy to give Xped a crack, and develop their own systems on the side, but when the company started messing around they dropped them off. It doesn't seem to help that Xped have mentioned that they have turned their primary focus elsewhere from ADRC.

I feel as though I have a fairly sound knowledge of the industry given I am an Electrical Engineer with a fair bit of experience in Embedded Systems - apologies if my description of Silicon Valley as a unit (with individual companies who all use their own stacks) didn't come across clear.

Personally, I have no doubt that management have blown the opportunity. The only way to salvage is to prove ADRC is something they NEED, which they don't as they all have their own stacks which they are happy about. For reference, Intel's IOT division pulled in almost 1 billion in revenue this quarter and that's only one company. Qualcomm, Cisco, Huawei to mention a few all have growing IOT sectors which are doing fine with their own protocols.

So there are two possibilities -

1, IOT continues to grow and grow and ADRC becomes the preferred method for IOT device management (which given management is unlikely). As time progresses, this becomes less likely too as other players enter the market or a dominant design emerges.

2, ADRC is not preferred by any tech companies and dwindles - a few hobbyists may use it but nothing more.

Your case of Cisco is a fair comparison but didn't require the cooperation of the computer manufacturers to create the mutliprotocol router - Cisco just wrote the software and built the device that could bridge multiple LAN protocols. Xped have to have chipmaker/solutions creators' cooperation.

Anyways apologies if any of this came across as rude, I just get very frustrated with Xped's vision. Only reason I'm not out is that I saw this as a binary opportunity and didn't put a lot in and thus don't have a parcel worth selling ATM. I guess now I hope that there's something in JCT.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.889M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 47 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.5¢ 1524 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.