OAK 0.00% 6.9¢ oakridge international limited

ADRC Technology, page-16

1. 1,241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 687
    What makes Xped different?

The primary purpose of Xped was to develop a user friendly system. Borrowing investment terminology, any technology can be built from one of two perspectives – bottom up, or top down. Most systems are built from the top down, by programmers and super tech types who talk in dolphin clicks. Some are built from the bottom up, where the desired end product is where the development starting point is, and the tech is built to achieve that result.

The differences between the two approaches are where the compromises are made during the development process; top down results in programs which are easier to write, but the inevitable compromises are made in the end result (generally the user interface) that make it harder to use (for normal people – the programmers will tell you that it is simple to use).

Bottom up keeps its focus on the end product, and makes the programmers work harder to achieve the end result which satisfies the simplicity of the original concept.

I deal with these issues every day – in trying to select technology for new buildings, I have to make choices between systems which make life easy for the end user, but perhaps with less flexibility in the things that they can be made to do, or easier to install and program, but more difficult for the end user to learn to use. Xped is one of the few that combines the best of both approaches.

ADRC has all the hallmarks of a bottom-up system, with a brilliantly simple user interface. From my perspective, the simplicity of the approach has continued through the development, and resulted in a far more streamlined approach than the rest of the IoT world is using – because they are all working ‘top-down’ – so their focus is the internet, the cloud ... the traditional programmers’ perspective. So for those of us that don’t speak dolphin, the majority of IoT systems are just more difficult to use. They also have the unattractive reliance on the cloud.

If you read Xped History , you’ll see what I mean. They have built a system for all of us, whereas the rest of them are building systems which suit their company directives – and those rarely align with, or produce, what we all want.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.862M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 91166 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 182500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.