OAK 0.00% 6.9¢ oakridge international limited

ADRC Technology, page-23

1. 1,241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 687
    Too be honest, I'm not sure.

Running wireless networks in industrial situations is always difficult, because of the scale of coverage required, and the signal attenuation that needs to be dealt with in the placement of wifi equipment.

There are so many different sensors and control systems out there, all using different communication protocols, it is only now that we are starting to get to the point of using converged networks to deal with them ... and even that takes a hell of a lot of coordination and pre-planning which just doesn't get done.

One hope I have is that all the manufacturers will finally fall in behind IoT as a standard (as they are starting to now with IP networks), and we will be able to finally bury RS485, Bacnet and a whole list of other protocols and get a coordinated system happening in the commercial/industrial world.

If it happens to be ADRC that wins the race, then it is much easier, as there is no internet connection required (which can be impossible to arrange with some companies), and it can operate over cable connected solutions - removing the need for the troublesome personal area networks. It also eliminates the scaling issue, as none of the big players can operate devices on multiple gateways (thus, no redundancy - which is critical in large plants), or network multiple gateways.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.862M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 91166 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 182500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.