CVN 2.50% 19.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

Adrian Cook. "Thinking differently"....again., page-43

1. 13,963 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1047
    Roy,

Agree, now is the time to simply persue the current business focus of moving Dorado into FEED, as has indicated. Can’t change strategy with every blow, such as the (easily reversible) Russian refusal to buy into OPEC cuts. Buy back would be a knee jerk reaction which would be as good as saying we will not be persuing Dorado beyond FID. In short a very silly move.

The time to review strategy will be in a few months time, or if STO were to change course on Dorado earlier. Wouldn’t advocate hiring rigs or making any capex decisions atm.

fwiw I prematurely did a small top up the week before last, but went where the internet didn’t last week, and will be keeping my powder dry this week also. Too early imho to know if this remains a bargain, the world is changing. It is however certainly in very robust financial condition with a great balance sheet, a great position from which to persue something else if Dorado doesn’t proceed (eg if the poo were to completely collapse some very cheap production assets in say 2 years).

Patience is the order of the day imho, both for the company, and as an investor. This is as surreal as an Hollywood movie. Frightening imho.

EL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $348.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $11.61K 58.65K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 1592122 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 909210 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.16am 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.