DOU 0.00% 0.4¢ douugh limited

I get the proposition @gsmi086 and appreciate that it will be...

1. 5,019 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    I get the proposition @gsmi086 and appreciate that it will be white-label product without all the same offerings. My points are;

a) the low band-with was supposed to be the point of difference for the app. It doesn't appear to have taken off at all. In my testing the quality was not very good.

b) I personally don't see any indications so far that its going to suddenly work better on high latency satellite connections. In fact I suspect the opposite.

c) The speedcast deal will be a win-win if the product works, people use it and pay ZipT. Not many of those things have happened in the companies history so far. Perhaps this time will be different?

d) I understand that the app installer size isn't reflective how well the app works in low bandwith areas, my point is.. the whole of Zipt 2.0 is almost the antithesis of a 'low bandwith' product.

e) I think the design of the app is not bad. Nothing to write home about, but no major complaints. The design comment was more about the add placement and management will no doubt look to improve the add locations if its part of their long term strategy.

f) Whilst I dont disagree that many popular apps have adds, not many have display banner ads like ZipT has added. Sure facebook, twitter, snapchat have promoted content. Routinely used communication apps like WhatApp, Skype, Messenger.. they don't for a reason. They are tacky, annoying and mean that the core offering is likely lacking. Someone else explained the problem with adds actually: "looked hideous and couldn’t be added to our design without sacrificing user experience'" One guess who said that!

e) If they have worldwide sports ambassadors signed on, I think they should have people testing changes before they are released. People are picky (and rightly so) about the quality of apps. Why should users have to put up with adds.. and be app testers at the same time. This is ZipT 2.0 remember, not buggy v1. A year of dev, millions of dollars and 10 million downloads later is - in my opinion - a bit late to identify and fix up issues

Management are paid enough to work things out without my help sending them screenshots. They evidently read these threads anyhow, so can take from this what they like.

Anyway. Enough from me for now!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DOU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.