ADT 7.59% $3.26 adriatic metals plc

This project will get acquired, mark my words, I've seen it many...

1. 637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 223
    This project will get acquired, mark my words, I've seen it many times before with prices being capped and having worked in the M&A space.

Acquirer hires boutique financial house / investment bank to identify targets with potential, undervalued and will add to their resource base without all the exploration risk and hard work done. Target company in this case ADT, US$1billion NPV project, valued at multiples less.

Investment bank purposely borrows shorts, sells into any rally, forces weakness of the share price, keeping the price down and buyout figure in range.

Paperwork etc sorted, takeover launched. Most likely hostile. Probably a scrip for scrip share exchange or scrip and cash at maybe 1.5 or 2x VWAP share price of last 14 days.

Look at the last 14 days of price action.

All this sounds dodgy and you might think impossible, but it's the way of the game, unwritten rules.

Acquirer pays big fees to investment bank for an outstanding job well done for acquiring at a great price, acquirer gets a solid business, target shareholders get their 2x instant money back. Sort of everyone wins, maybe not the target shareholders but you get what you can amongst the sharks in this ocean.

Will be fascinating to watch this play out. All speculation of course, but if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, probably is a duck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.26
Change
0.230(7.59%)
Mkt cap ! $912.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.30 $3.38 $3.18 $2.010M 614.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7234 $3.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.35 16600 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.