Adult crime gets Adult time., page-45

1. 47,582 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 649
    such boot camps were adopted by NSW govt for a short time. they didn't bother keeping it up - unfortunately. NT and Qld (I think it was these two) also trialed cultural re-educatiom..... taking kids back to the land and giving them valuable lessons in the old ways. this has terrific, +ve impacts on the kids that went through the process, from media reports but I've not found any actual research papers.

yes hardship and humility are aspects of the cultural program too. yes Trump, and all political leaders should go though such re-education. teach them to see things through others' eyes and lives.

my experience showed mer that sex offenders are an entirely different strain of the criminal virus. where one causes stupidity and lack of awareness of consequences, the sex virus causes extreme arrogance and aggressions as the only means of frustration management. imo sex offenders do need to be locked up for life. murderers on the other hand are a brand group. some are domestic offenders who are probably inherently incapable of learning humility and respect for women. they too should not be released for at least 20 yrs. other murderers are more disparate. some psychotic, some become addicted to killing for the adrenaline surge and the post-killing libido., some others are vengeful, violent people.

"tough love" is something. emphasis win the "love" is often forgotten and the toughness can become something akin to prison officers attitudes. another program our pollies should experience. then they might understand life better.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.