advice on my lt investment portfolio

1. 28 Posts.
    Hello all,

I have been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now, I have been taking a keen interest in reading about investing for almost a year now. This is my liquid cash I have set aside for investment. My annual wage is not taxed and as such my investments would be my only taxable earnings.

Wage: $100,000-$200,000
    Amount to invest: $1,000,000

I have already set aside two years living expenses in cash as an emergency fund.

Currently this is my plan:

10% into physical silver
    10% into bitcoin
    40% into Vanguard US Total Market Index ETF (VTS.ASX)
    20% into Vanguard All-World ex-US Shares Index ETF (VEU.ASX)
    10% into Vanguard Australian Shares Index ETF (VHY.ASX)
    10% into Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets Shares ETF (VGE.ASX)

I know that the silver and BTC may be considered a little speculative, especially in contrast with the Vanguard Index funds. I am somewhat bearish on the Australian market given our relationship with China so did not want to invest too heavily locally. I am also considering VIX over some BTC. I am going to value average in.

My saving account was recently cut down to 4% which was the real prompter for me to finally make a strong move regarding my retirement. Up until then all I did was study and read about the economy without any actual plays of my own.

My strategy is for the longterm and I won't be taking money out of it any time soon.

Thankyou for any and all help, it is greatly appreciated.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.