BSL 2.01% $20.32 bluescope steel limited

2 response to this remark.First one is we just suffered the...

1. 249 Posts.
    2 response to this remark.

First one is we just suffered the worse financial trauma since the Great Depression. The resources and mining sectors have not experienced this level of pull back in it's history. With a sharp painful jolt comes the chance of a strong recovery later on. Every materials and mining company across the globe retrenched like there is no tomorrow. In this context, BSL fared no worse than Nippon Steel (their output fell 50% in the first quarter), Arcelormittal, Alcoa or Xstrata.

In fact, the more BSL shutdown, the more people they fired, the more they cut cost the better. That means when growth picks up, I get a juicier dividend cheque in the mail. The GFC is not a curse, it's an OPPORTUNITY !

I know numerous people working for companies "similar to - got to be careful with what I say even anonymously" NAB, ANZ, Orica, RIO, Coles, Wesfarmers, True Energy, AGL and many more. If you listen to how they bag their companies, you'd wonder why their SP isn't at $0

The rule of thumb "generalization" is that just about everyone hates their job, their bosses and therefore their companies. That's how recruiters make money.

I used to work for a local company in another sector (can't specify which one as there are only a handful of listed ones on the ASX) where morale was non-existent but the SP went through the roof for several years prior to the GFC. It came down with a thud (down 90% +) in the GFC and staged an incredible come back (now more than clawed back half way).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.32
Change
0.400(2.01%)
Mkt cap ! $8.942B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.92 $20.32 $19.61 $40.11M 1.987M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100 $20.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.32 1903 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.