Advice / Tips for 'novice' share picker???

1. 1,601 Posts.
    Uptill now I've been picking shares with very little research and simply hoping for lucky picks. I've been looking at the Herald-Sun "FINANCIAL SNAPSHOT" share listings and looking for likely improvers - unsurprisingly with little success. Also I've been picking several stocks, but I can see by looking at others' portfolios there's a better chance of success in the Sharemarket Game by only picking one or two stocks at any one time, then possibly 'cashing-in' mid-month to lock-in 'good wins' if they eventuate. Another downside of using the Herald-Sun listings is that they don't list all available stocks for some reason, which escapes me at the moment!!

Anyway, I'm sure there are many better ways of researching shares with better chances of success, and some ways probably take considerable time and/or experience.

Whilst acknowledging we don't all want to be following the same stock picking method, I would appreciate any advice on picking stocks in the Sharemarket Game? ... B...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.