GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

adwebster . . . question

1. 1,418 Posts.
    Hey ad,

Damn, I just spent a long time tapping out a question and some other stuff, and it just vanished into the ether. So I'll get straight to the point with this one.

Firstly: like everyone I appreciate your work and thoughts, hence the ensuing question.

Secondly: I was a little bit surprised when I read that you sold out of your gold positions.

This GOLD thread has become a bit of a bizzarro thread recently.

Anyways - the question.

If you are convinced of inflation rather than deflation: what are you doing/watching to make sure that your cash is not left behind if inflation takes off? (and I want to know because I am mainly cash). I mean I still am a believer in deflation, but I am getting very nervy watching the latest price rises in everything. So how nervy must someone who believes in inflation be now, sitting on cash? If you think that the recent price rises have gone too far, too fast: then when will inflation begin, and how will you tell. Or , ad, are you beginning to re-think the inflation versus deflation debate?

Me: I am not expecting a letter from Buddha informing me that the latest increases in prices are real and I had better turn my money into something solid ASAP or be left behind.

- pug

ps appreciate some thoughts from anyone

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.