LYC 0.65% $7.67 lynas rare earths limited

aelb conference today about tol, page-17

1. 235 Posts.
    woops, I misinterpreted your question. As far as permanent storage facility (PDF), the facility might involve burial of solid residues, but as far as I know Lynas has not submitted their proposed plan for a PDF yet to the AELB for consideration. The TOL meanwhile will allow them to operate for a period of time with temporary storage that contains any wastes that are not recycled, subject to permanent disposal if necessary. The liquid wastes will indeed be treated/extracted to remove Th-232 and any other regulated contaminants, before discharge into surface water bodies. There is also a hypothetical concern about if rainwater could infiltrate into the solid waste disposal area, leach Th-232, then leak through a breach in the liner under the waste into groundwater. However, those issues could be addressed with proper liner design and leachate collection, and may be just a hypothetical non-issue since the LAMP is located in an industrial park full of heavy chemical manufacturing, petroleum, plastics, and other production, where groundwater will certainly not be tapped for residential well applications. And most likely the flow of groundwater is from inland towards the coast, just a few hundred meters away.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.