QHL 0.00% 18.0¢ quickstep holdings limited

As someone who works in BD in the aerospace and defence...

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    As someone who works in BD in the aerospace and defence industry, I know full well that is takes a bloody long time to get any new contracts signed. But when you do get them signed, they will generally run for a long time as well. We're not selling biscuits here!

Aerospace is one of the most highly regulated industries in the world, and not one of the fastest when it comes to adopting new, disruptive technologies. Take Boeing for example and their 737. They've been building that sucker the same way since 1966, and only recently have decided to do a "radical" change with the new MAX engines. Structurally though, it's more or less the same. When they developed the 787, variations of it (anyone remember the Sonic Cruiser?) were first mooted in the late 90s and the aircraft didn't fly until 2009.

And we all know how long the F-35 has been around for... the initial development contract for that was signed in 1996. But on the flip side, it is going to be in service until 2070, so will needs spare parts until at least the 2060s!

The C-130? More of less built the same way since 1954 as well, with them only changing to the composite flaps (I'm guessing here) when the J-model was introduced in the late 90s.

In summary. Quickstep is in aerospace. Aerospace is a slow industry. Contracts (when they come) are long term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 27487 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.42am 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QHL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.