AEX 0.00% 1.1¢ acclaim exploration nl

aexo worth a punt, page-10

1. 1,242 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Been reading the posts, and my only comment is ... sometimes you've just got to go with your gut. And I've got a feeling about this one. Don't know why ... just do.

I don't have that many gut feelings .. had one in 1992 with a company called Resolute Resources,...bought 20,000 for 19 cents ... not sure why. Just felt right.

Within a year it was at 2.50.

But the big gut feeling was a little penny dreadfulo called Forsyth .. not sure when I bought it.... but I got it for .04 cents. I think it was 1990 ... and I saw one of the Kroger Brothers had become a director, and I had a feeling. Within a year or two it was at .40 cents when I sold.

Thing I'm trying to say is, short term punts are okay if you treat the share as simply that - a punt.

And once something is a punt, you're not trading fundamentals or any of that stuff - you're trading the up and down of the market, and the hope that maybe, just maybe the next report will give it a kick and you can get out with a profit.

But companies like AEX can pay off big-time (Paladin classic example) if you kick your money in and wait...and wait ... and wait.

And I've got a gut feeling about this one, in particular since the appointment of Ralph Bagirathi - a move which indicates a seriousness about the African assets which has been missing before.

I think the DD project has the U in the ground, and the guinea project looks good too ... but as I said ... I've got a rare feeling about this, as lunatic as it is, similar to the feelings I had with RSG and Forsyth.

Of course... it's just a feeling that's all ... so I'm not recommending anyone spend anything they can't afford to lose on it.

What I do with my gut feelings is to kick in a bit on the ground floor, then leave it alone ... so far, as I said, with the two others I've had, it's paid off.

But ... all this whinging and whining and disappointment I've been reading on this thread is silly ... if not pathetic ... it's a speccie ... not a blue chip.

You don't bet the bank on speccies. Everyone knows that ...

Don't they?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.