Afernoon trading November 1, page-72

1. 1,672 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    How would I cool inflation?
    Wow. I'm 4 years older than Paul Keating! I will always remember the recession his Govt. contributed to in the early 90's - and may recur in the not too distant future this time as a result of the Chief of the Reserve Bank's gaff last year about interest rates not being increased till 2024.
    That huge blunder - in realised hindsight - is why IMO we are where we are now, with residential property prices having gone thru the roof.

But before those price rises, today's younger generation - in the main - never had it so good for so many years.
    Instead of saving money for a home deposit 10-15 years ago, and then, borrowing long term, whilst interest rates were gradually - and even surprisingly to me - declining to become so so low in the last 10 years (until 7 months ago) - whilst also becoming a situation which had not existed for decades - the entertainment & travel industries have thrived on that generation's back.

As for their "new home" buyer mindset - which I exceptionally implemented for myself, 60 years ago - and which existed up until the 1990's - has since become the baby thrown out with the bath water, i.e. "let's be concerned - about settling down and saving for a home - "tomorrow".
    Sadly many many such couples now in their 40's, & with children, are still renting, when IMO they should instead be by now (and better off as a consequence) 10-15 years into a mortgage debt, now being whittled down exponentially each month at an increasing rate.

I could say a lot more than this but it's late,and I need my shut-eye, now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.