If the essence of your post Menta is that, "It is too good to be...

1. 1,753 Posts.
    If the essence of your post Menta is that, "It is too good to be true" - Gains in real estate prices I mean - then I agree.

I've been saying it for probably 1.5 to 2 years now. Something has to give. In a country as big and underpopulated at Australia there is no reason for a housing shortage. I don't buy immigration pressure as a key driver of increasing prices (Fingers crossed that reference doesn't start a racism debate).

Maybe the sheer rate and extent of the bubble is preventing land sales at realistic prices, thus hindering development and therefore creating more pressure on existing dwellings / developments...? A vicious circle?
    Maybe the incredible demand for bottom end dwellings has become so rampant that the artificial price inflation of low -end properties is gonna eat itself!

I dunno. It's BS what is happening. I Bought a very modest home in Melb (Bentleigh East for those who know the area) for 300k about 6 years ago. This-morning I went to an auction over the road for a similar home on smaller land and it went for 905k!! I just can't believe it. It's insane. And buyers are shelling out these prices without fear of a collapse in the market.

On one hand I wish I could join in but on the other, "Exactly when is the sky going to fall?"

I'm so confused.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.