afghanistan situation grim says rudd, page-25

1. 25,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Mate if we always waited for the UN to intervene you would be dead. I bet the people of Sarajevo are very happy they didn't have to wait for the UN to intervene on their behalf. Fortunately the Yanks had more fortitude than their Euro weaklings and came to their assistance.

During the recent celebrations in Sarjevo you would have noticed quite a few American flags. They know who really helped them in their time of need.

Here is an extract from a speech given by the President on November, 2005 on behalf of his nation and its people.

PRESIDENT JOVIC: Madame Secretary, your excellencies, ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today with a very noble task, to remember those who paid for their nobility and their love towards humanity with their lives.

I come from a very small country in Europe in which war raged only ten years ago. The United States, both the government and the people, wanted to help us so they sent us their brave sons. Amongst them were your husbands, your fathers. They took their jobs very seriously and they came to help me and my children.

Today I live in peace with my children and I am able to see them every day, and it is very painful to me to know that you are not able to do the same. But I can assure you one thing: We keep these men always in our memory and we always pray to God on their behalf.

And I hope that these words that I've just uttered will help you understand us in Bosnia a little bit better. Thanks to their courage and their selflessness, they were able to build a bridge of friendship between Bosnia and Herzegovina and the United States. And thanks to them, Bosnia today lives a normal life, a life where people can achieve peace and a normal lifestyle.

And therefore I do urge you to be very proud of the people that you have lost because there is a country out there that lives thanks to them. And my deepest condolences to all of you.

Could you expect the Ruskies or the Chinese to do the same?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.