It might be a national competition but the facts are that...

1. 95 Posts.
    It might be a national competition but the facts are that Melbourne supports all the teams and without Melbourne (ie TV rights, MCG blockbusters etc) there would be no AFL at its present level. So to give the MCG one preliminary final is probably okay. Melbourne pays the bills.

I know all you WA's and SA's will say your clubs make a profit but the fact is that is because of TV rights payments. And who watches AFL footy- thats right Melbourne. Anything to do with footy - they will watch and advertisers pay.

If all teh interstate teams have to do is sacrifice one final in order to keep themselves profitable and the players and admin making very good money- well do it. Do not be so sanctimoniiuos about it.

PS- I am from overseas so by no way am I a old melbournian- I call it as I see it. I havs een the VFL/AFL lose much of its real character and without this the whole competition (not just a few clubs in melbourne) will lose out. AFL will NEVER be a world sport so Aussies should enjoy it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.