BPT 0.33% $1.52 beach energy limited

afr 20/4/11 pg 49 - shale gas, page-22

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    I did, and asked to talk to a Director and I was told that he would get back to me. I am still waiting. This week I will be away most of the week, and I should get back on Friday night.

I very rarely ring Companies, if at all. For, I do believe that if they have to say something good, it should be released to the market via the proper channels. For, if I base any of my investment decisions based on what someone tells me over the phone, it is a little like listening to a Taxi Driver's talk and go and buy all the shares I can soon after. I have learnt my lessons doing that in the past, and I try my best to avoid a repetition of that. Besides, has anyone here heard of a Company Director or Company official telling someone that the Company is not good.?? CVI and ADY are points in case.

I also do believe that if I have to talk to someone, I want to talk to a Director at least, and not to a CR officer. These CR officer are only allowed to respond to certain things, and are subject to constraints.

When AZO was taken over by ROC for instance, I rang the CS of RCO and someone else there to get reassurance that what I wad doing by accepting their offer was going to be good for me, or, I would have sold my shares on market. They told me that after the acquisition was completed, ROC was going to be the best thing since sliced bread. Well, we all know what happened next. The decimation of ROC's sp speacks for itself.

I would like to see the $4 offer for BPT, believe you me. But at this stage I take it as a grain of salt.
    In all of my years of investing, I have never heard of a Company doing a T/O offer of close to 450% of the current share price market value, although, in the market, anything is possible. Especially if there are multiple Companies bidding for the same thing.

ESG for instance was muted to go for at least $4 and $5 and even higher many years ago as well, but, we are still waiting lol.

Cheers,

Buddy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.52
Change
0.005(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $3.467B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.52 $1.53 $1.51 $5.912M 3.892M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 110244 $1.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.53 46456 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.