PDN 0.07% $13.99 paladin energy ltd

afr: 25% stake to sell for $250-300m?

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    Hi holders. Today's AFR has a snippet on PDN in another article. The link to the Street Talk article is here, but I will paste the entire bit on PDN, as fair use from a much longer article. Link for members or take a free AFR trial:

http://www.afr.com/p/opinion/floats_dominate_banking_pipeline_6dyMobRslSskE91vqAipAO

"Elsewhere, uranium producer Paladin Energy is understood to be approaching familiar territory and in late stage talks with a potential buyer for a stake in its Langer Heinrich mine.

"Paladin was close to a deal with Japan’s Itochu Corporation in August, but pulled the talks and raised equity after Itochu tried to screw the vendor down on price.

"Paladin has since re-signed chief executive John Borshoff and its shares have headed south.

"But it is understood a deal is again close to being signed, with sources suggesting the 25 per cent stake could be sold for $250 million to $300 million before Christmas. Although investors will probably wait until pen hits paper before believing the rhetoric this time around.

Sounds good, but the market is saying, "show me the money!"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.