FAR 0.00% 50.5¢ far limited

AFR article of 5 Jan worth revisiting, page-3

1. 572 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    OOO, I reckon your bet on the billion barrel reserves might prove to be way off, I reckon it could be a lot more than that! And what do I base this statement on? Well, there is a concept well known amongst petroleum geologists and seismologists known as an AVO anomaly (Amplitude Versus Offset). If this anomaly coincides with bright or dim areas on the seismic profile then that could be a good indication of hydrocarbon saturation of porous formations. The JV are keeping pretty mum about this and not a lot of seismic profiles have been published, however, if you look carefully at a couple of the graphs showing the SNE field and surrounding areas you might spot several fairly large areas of seismic white-out, which indicate significant changes in seismic impedance. I will try to upload a couple of graphs to illustrate what I'm talking about. Mind you, I'm not a seismologist, so could be wrong, but I do hold an MSc in Petroleum Technology as one of my qualifications so I do tend to pay some attention to these kind of petroleum indicators. Anyway, I thought this could be of some interest. And as I said earlier, have a close look at some of the FAR slides for some hidden clues. By the way, the second pic below is from Polarcus, the same mob that are doing the 3-D seismic for FAR at the moment.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.