PRX 16.7% 0.3¢ prodigy gold nl

AFR Article on Newmont Tanami operations

1. 27 Posts.
    Interesting article in today's copyright link on Newmont's Tanami operations and their potential expansion despite the current doom and gloom sentiment.

In case you cannot access the article it comments that despite the recent slump in gold prices this may not deter Newmont Mining from expanding its Tanami mine in the Northern Territory, with the company saying the expansion should remain viable even if prices fall to less than US $1,000 an ounce. It is anticipated that Newmont will make a final decision on the Tanami mine later in 2015 but is widely expected to approve construction of a second decline in the underground section of the mine. The CEO (Gary Goldberg) is noted as hinting the project is likely to win approval even if prices continue to fall as they believe it will achieve double digit returns...even if prices are below US $1,000.

All just comments so far and no final investment decision made but I find it interesting that Newmont, NST and MLX all appear to be interested in looking to expand in the Tanami.

All IMO and DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $5.294M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $1.263K 506.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 21813615 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 16365190 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.29am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.