BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

AFR article post BRTV creditors' meeting, page-150

1. 13,165 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1275
    I agree. Video IS the future of the internet, social media is also the future, consumer review and feedback (along with influencers) are undoubtedly growing fields.

BIG produced a dizzying array of content, it is relevant and can be easily used to produce targeted, sellable programs for online media platforms as well as strongly followed channels like buzzfeed etc. By being local, agile and also delivering necessary SEO to ensure vids were showing up in the right searches etc too based on geo there is great potential in that area.

They just got so much wrong in that they became an arm of a finance company and simple aspects of their business offering were not conducive to getting a customer to buy the product. I mean, now we know the payment model, why the F were videos uploaded to youtube without a massive BIG Review TV unlicensed video content for demonstration purposes only watermark across the screen or something? That just seems like a massive 'oh f%^k' moment when you realise the business could just easily take the content, embed it and it would never need a payment anyway as there is no laws against embedding content ever...

And really, the idea of being a production house for content that would feed into tripadvisor, red balloon and other more established review/advertising sites with a call to action at the end of every video to download the BIG app and receive a unique groupon style discount at x business by providing a video feedback review on your app (with some moderation etc as necessary) to the business.

I dunno, there are so many more possibilities but I don't work for them and tell them how to do their shite. I just wanted to invest in them to hire people better at this than me to do that.

My expectations were maybe too high.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.